Saturday 12 November 2011

I WILL be your new run club ambassador!

I have fantastic news. I was proposed to. And I accepted!

Let me explain a little before you get carried away...

I was asked to be the new Run Club Ambassador for the Lululemon Athletica Eaton Centre store and I (of course) accepted.

This is something that is extremely meaningful to me in many ways. To think that someone who, seven years ago, didn't have a sense of who she was, who didn't make time to be part of a community, and who didn't value her body, mind or life is someone who now wants to (and is recognized as being capable of) inspire others to find inner strength, to help people see the worth and beauty of accomplishing goals and having support, and mostly, to really be able to relate to where people are coming from - from whatever place they're starting from - and taking each and every breath of life with gratitude and amazement at what the human body and mind can do.

Being an ambassador, to me, means representing the Lululemon manifesto - its guiding values - in my daily life - on and off the mat, during a run, during a stretch, while riding my bike, when at work, even in line at the supermarket. It also means being involved in the community and sharing in every victory, from a first kilometer to a tenth marathon or from a first asana class to a ten-day silent meditation retreat.

I am looking forward to what the next year will bring. As I was told when I accepted this opportunity, I'll get as much out of this as I'm willing to put in. And I can't wait to turn the potential into amazing discoveries and experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment