Saturday 5 November 2011

Reflections on week 1 - 30-day challenge

Am on day 5 of this 30-day challenge. My first in a few years if you don't count the daily month of practice during teacher training. I feel stronger than I have ever felt. Both physically and emotionally. The emotional strength has been manifesting itself as not being hard towards myself, pacing through classes and as the days go by, and really feeling what my body is telling me daily, not just assuming where it's at in the practice on a particular day. Trying to fit a daily practice in outside of the house with my schedule has also allowed me to practice at various locations with different teachers. This has been refreshing - you learn so so much from others and it's been stirring up creativity and new insights. Living to learn. In the past few days, months, years, especially when it comes to yoga, everything I have learned about yoga is like suddenly understanding something you've understoon all your life, but in a brand new, eye-opening way. 



Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
 -  Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment