Friday 6 April 2012

Out of the office...

I'm in Victoria, visiting family and friends, working (and certainly thinking about work a lot!), catching up, and helping out.

I've made it a goal to sleep a lot.
I'm hopeful I'll get a lot of quality runs in and lots of yoga.
I haven't been yet (due to busy mind and lots to try to catch up on) and I vow to be present when with family. Give people my face.

It's only been a few days and it's already been whirlwind. But I always love coming home... I am fully relaxed.

Of note:

There is such a thing as really bad timing for a vacation. I've got work on my mind and shaven legged dog recovering from surgery on my mind.

Easter is a big deal for young nieces and nephews! Holy moly. I made it my mission to only buy "treats" without the "sweet". Mission accomplished although I did sneak some of the Mini Egg and Jelly Belly stash I found in the upper cupboard at my mom's.
(Note to self. Do not go to Walmart on Good Friday looking for Easter loot. In fact, do not go to Walmart. Period.)

Savasana with nowhere to go after is pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

Is it possible to crave so many different amazing home cooked meals at once (feves au lard, curry, kimpira gobo, mabo tofu, etc etc etc.)

The combo of kids being loud, not eating after your sprint work and strength training, and being dehydrated hits you like a ton of bricks. I need a nap.

Fresh halibut off a boat will translate into deliciousness:


That's it for days 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment