Monday 26 December 2011

Review - Legacy indoor cycling

Located in east Danforth village at Coxwell (informally Little Ethiopia), Legacy indoor cycling studio is a newer spinning facility, and one of only a few on the east side of town. Schwinn certified instructors teaching on top of the line Schwinn bikes, the studio offers dynamic classes that change every time. As a runner, spinning is an awesome form of cross-training, targeting the quads more than the hamstrings, and allowing for high intensity interval cardio training with no impact.

The pros:
Awesome sound system with good variety of tunes.
High energy teacher (who happened to be the owner). Not necessarily for everyone's style but definitely good as a motivator for spinning.
Good equipment and set up, and the space is equipped for TRX, personal training, and yoga.
They offer a one-day Schwinn certification, which I'll be doing in February. Whoot!

The cons:
Bathroom/change room, or lack there of.
Few mirrors for the spinning bit. Not that that's necessary but I guess I'd gotten used to using them for form.
If you're there to do weights or other type of workout during a spin class, you've got a spin class in your face.

Summary:
I got a five-class pass on Groupon and am so glad I got it. It made me realize how much I missed spinning and how good spinning in a dedicated spin studio can be. If you get a chance to try it (and TRX, which I can't wait to try!), do it, and let me know, as I'll join you!

No comments:

Post a Comment