Sunday 8 January 2012

Repost: January schedule

A repost since the 2011 posts are collapsed under "last year" and it may be hard to locate!

YOGA!

Moksha Yoga Danforth (Danforth and Chester)

Monday January 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30: 6:30am - 75 minute Moksha class
Sunday January 15 and 22: 1:30pm - 60 minute community class

Moksha Yoga Downtown (Bathurst and Wellington)
Tuesday January 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31: 9:45pm - 60 minute Moksha class

Moksha Yoga St Clair (at St Clair and Oakwood! New Studio!)
Monday January 1: 2:00pm (90 Moksha) and 4:00pm (60 Moksha)
Saturday January 7: 12:15pm (60 Moksha) and 2:00pm (90 Moksha)
Saturday January 21: 12:15pm (60 Moksha)


RUNNING!

Run Club - Lululemon Eaton Centre every Thursday nights at 6:30pm (approx 5km) and Saturday mornings at 8:45am (or meet at the North West corner of Queen and University at 9am). Various paces, various distances! Do it!

Running with Commerce Court Running Room with the 1/2 marathon then marathon clinic Sunday mornings at 8:30am! Distances gradually increase!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alice!
    I'm pretty sure it was you that I met while shopping at the Eaton Lulu store just before Christmas. I told you I was working up to a 30min 5k and well, I've done it (4.86k actually lol)! Tomorrow is my official last day and I was wondering if I could keep up on Thursday/Saturday? Here's my current pace: http://www.rundouble.com/?id=367097#map/367097

    Should I wait until I'm accustomed to the full 5K to join you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melania! Yes, it was me you were speaking to, if I recall correctly. Congrats on getting to your (almost!) 5km goal in 30min. How do you feel at the end of the 5km? Challenged but good? In any event Melania, what a great accomplishment!

    We would love to have you join us. For me, I am less concerned about pace, especially for the Saturday run (we have a 5, 8, and 10km option) as we can always adjust pace so you have someone to run with. It is usually a larger group Saturday, allowing for people to spread out a bit and go at their pace for the distance chosen.

    The Thursday night varies. While the distance is usually 5-6km, the group generally runs together at a 'tempo' pace (about 5:30 mins per km). It is usually a smaller group these days given the winter running so harder to divide by pace. Still, I would come out, try it out, see how it goes, and how you enjoy. Sometimes, we "cross train" on Thursdays - bringing hills or stairs into the mix, and everyone goes at their OWN level!

    I would say, it you're able to pass a partial "talk test" on your 5km (so you have enough stamina to be able to speak without being too winded but can still be challenged) and feel comfortable enough with the 5km, then come on out. Even come try and we can see where you're at pace and distance wise and see how you feel.

    Here is our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Lululemon-athletica-Downtown-Toronto-Run-Club/196675937037141

    Like us and then check us out for updates on distances, routes, etc!

    See you out there!

    Alice

    ReplyDelete