Sunday 26 February 2012

Spin certified, wha?!

It's been a while since this happened but I just realized I never blogged about it but... after a day of sitting, and learning, and riding, I am now an "indoor cycling coach", certified by Schwinn! Whoohoo!

This is really exciting because spinning was one of the first things that I got hooked onto when I started my weight loss journey in 2005 and joined the Central YMCA. Chris' Wednesday night 5:45pm classes (for which I'd line up to sign up for and rush to set up my bike, get my core work done and fit in a strength training workout) were a way for me to get lost in another world (usually one involving Abba music!) and really giv'r without the physical impact on my body. I enjoyed the dark room and the loud music as it was me and my heartrate and I felt so strong that I always won the race!

Now that I'm certified, I hope to maybe start teaching but I'm in no rush to do so. I'm just excited to be able to create playlists I've always dreamed about creating. I have for a long time spent workouts dividing songs that come up on the iPod as a good rolling hills song, a great "sprint to the finish line" tune, or an amazing standing climb beat. If you've got a favourite studio, let me know, I'd love to check it out! Or if you have killer playlists, feel free to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment