Wednesday 24 August 2011

hodge podge

Just a little mid-week entry to check in with where I'm at.

1. My shins are still blowed up from the race but I've managed some yoga earlier this week and tonight did a bootcamp class at Dynamic Conditioning Centre with some level of control in my lower body. Last training of hills tomorrow (thank goodness) and then give my legs a few days of "rest" (which means yoga and strength training of course) until Sunday's manageable 23km. Funny that 23km seems like such a short distance to do in relative terms.

2. It's been a whirlwind week. After Monday's news of Jack Layton's passing, the emotional effect its had on a lot of people (and brought a lot of people together, regardless of political stripe) was heavy and it was compounded by a lot of action at work organizing many aspects of the State Funeral Saturday. I'm honoured to be able to assist and be there Saturday but it's been an emotionally heavy week to say the least.

3. Yoga. I love it! You love it! Come and sweat on the mat with me... the schedules for September at several Mokshas have been done up so here's my schedule for September so far:

Moksha Danforth Thursday, August 25, 2pm
Moksha North York Monday, Sept 5, 1:30pm
Moksha Danforth Thursday, Sept 8, 2pm
Moksha Downtown Friday, Sept 9, 9:45 pm
Moksha North York, Monday, Sept 26, 1:30 pm

Community classes are $7 or $8 depending on the studio and you can rent a mat / towel if you don't have one! See you on the mat! Come sweat with me!

4. Tornado alert in many parts of southwestern Ontario tonight, and ominous, powerful clouds, loud thunder and bright-as-daylight sheet lightnening out the window right now. Intense, raging storm goodness. Love.

5. MUPPETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment