Monday 8 August 2011

Sangha (partial) reunion and Moksha 7th anniversary party


I was so lucky on Friday to have dinner with a large group of fellow yogis from all over Canada and the US and to have them come and take my community class afterwards was the cherry on top. My heart grew two sizes that night and I'm not a Grinch to begin with so it was bursting at the seams, ready to spill out everywhere. A great feeling but kind of awkward visualisation... sorry for that.

On Saturday, August 6 was the seventh Moksha Anniversary party and teacher appreciation. The drive up to the farm was lovely and once arrived, the surroundings were even more lovely - serene, stunning, and absolutely perfect.

 It was my first time going and it was like "home". Visiting with my "extended family". Hugs all around, people I knew and didn't, seeing folks I haven't seen in (and have only known for) just over a month but feel like it's been longer (and that I've known them forever). I missed the part of our sangha that wasn'tthere and who we talked about all afternoon and evening.

 Most amazing of all was to see the bigger community that is Moksha -- post training, we have our group that we are so connected with, but to see it in relation to the whole was amazing. Genuine, good, and inspiring people, all around me. And it just feels right and the right direction to be going in.


And after hearing about what Moksha's accomplished in the past seven years (stats below) and upcoming projects for the next year to come, I'm energized, and excited at the potential for this crazy army of peacemakers!

Oh, and there was cake. Delicious, delicious cake. So if you weren't sold before, you're probably crazy jealous now, right?

2 comments:

  1. Moksha Yoga celebrates its seventh anniversary this year. Here are a couple of astounding Moksha Yoga facts (with very conservative estimates!):

    55 Moksha Yoga studios x 5 classes/day x 20 students/class x 365 days = 2,007,500 students taught in the past year!

    55 Moksha Yoga studios x 52 karma classes/year x $150 per class = more than $429,000 this past year for charity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok maybe I like it.

    ReplyDelete