Sunday 28 August 2011

R.I.P. Jack Layton

It's been a long and emotional week and I've been a little more introspective than usual yet more connected to more people at the same time.

There's been a shared, buzzing energy about City Hall all week, and it can't be captured in any way via the blogs, the news coverage or the photos posted. It was something to experience it, collectively, with tens of thousands of people.

I don't have anything new to say that hasn't already been said, anything felt that hasn't been felt so I'll post my few photos and let the rest continue to digest.




I realized after the State Funeral yesterday (I felt very honoured to have been able to play a role in it and to be able to have shared the space with close friends, family, supporters, both in RTH and outside, and all over the country) that Jack's was my first funeral.

While there were many inspiring, uplifting, sad, touching, and beautiful moments, the most amazing thing was the prana in the room - the life-force, that you could feel through the artists' music, through the orators' words, through everyone's sobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment