Monday 24 October 2011

October 24, Happy Anniversary, me.

As mentioned in a previous blog entry (http://hogtownbunny.blogspot.com/2011/10/personal-story-gets-dug-up-to-encourage.html), October 24 is my personal 'new years' for setting resolutions/goals/targets.

I have been thinking for a while now what I might want my 2011 overall goal/theme to be. It's been difficult because there are a lot of balls I am juggling right now, all of which, I watch rise and fall with passion, joy, and gratitude that they're a part of my life.

What I struggled with in 2011, especially after coming back from Yoga camp and starting to teach, was finding the balance between my running training/community and my yoga practice/teaching/community. What I want for 2011-12 is not to have this Sophie's Choice dilemna when it comes to these two passions of mine, and find a way to fit them both in to my schedule, without guilt of favouring one over the other. I will develop a schedule that allows me to run with various groups and is conducive to safe, effective training (along with strength training and other cross-training) and one that allows me to get to the mat often, as well as on days I am teaching. Part of that goal is also to marry the two - through guest speaking at running clinics on the benefits of yoga, developing a yoga for runners class, getting yogis inspired to run and runners inspired to try asana.


I also have a series of sub-goals / accomplishments that I set out to do every 3 years or so. I just recently reviewed my 2008 list and had managed to strike off the majority of the targets. I rewrote one a few months ago, and the goals are broken down into several categories - work, financial, relationship/family, health, personal, education, etc. The stakes are high (they usually are) and I've put some pretty bold, audacious ones on there (the other smaller ones keep me in check) but I wanted to dream big while being realistic and focused on my dreams until 2015. I've shared some below (a first) to keep my eye on the prize(s) and to keep me accountable.


-Be a Lululemon Run Club Ambassador.
Complete the following marathons in the next 3-4 years: Ottawa, Chicago, New York, Marine Corps, Vancouver, Paris (so many more on my wish list!), with a sub-4:00 in 2012.
-PB in the 30km and 1/2 distances.
-Master headstands, handstands and have fun with arm balancing!
-Complete Level II teacher training.
-Maintain a healthy weight, relationship with food, and balanced life.
-Be injury free!
-Train for a duathlon or triathlon in 2013.
-Start martial arts training towards a black belt.
-Do a yoga retreat in India.
-Do the Rally bike fundraiser from Toronto to Montreal for People With Aids.
-Get my M.A.
-Pare down on my consumption, on my possessions, and on my "wants".
-Own and direct a yoga studio by fall 2014 / winter 2015.
-move to Leslieville or closer to Danforth in 2013.
-Climb Mt. Kilamanjaro (maybe for the next list, I don't have enough money right now for all of these in 3 years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment