Saturday 16 July 2011

butterflies

Teaching my first yoga class today and am pretty nervous this morning. I'm not so worried about forgetting the order of the postures (or should I be?), but of using my words to guide people in and out of the postures, of feeling like I can find a balance between strength and calmness, of being authentic, of connecting... I started my day off with doubt but for once in my life, trying to get away from being in head and over-analytical, I am going to spend the morning not reviewing and preparing, but rather, taking my friend Lisa's class, to just internalize and feel what I need to feel to fuel me for the afternoon.

When I decided to write this post this morning, I thought, "Hey, maybe I can find a song about being nervous to post with my blog." But then, I glanced up to a piece of paper that I got from my sangha at yoga teacher training, where each person wrote one word that best described me. STRONG appears a dozen or so times on there so I replaced the thoughts of posting a song about my nerves with the idea of posting a song that makes me feel confident and that has a lot of strength. And that equals a little Eminem at 8 in the morning.


Now that I've listened to it a few times, in an effort to release some of that pent up energy and to clear my mind, I'm going to go for a bike ride and a short run. And breathe a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment