Saturday 11 June 2011

Family reunion

Another great day off although I can't believe that the month is almost 50% complete! I don't think I can appreciate the seconds of this journey even more or have more gratitude for the people sharing it with me so time needs to slow down so I can absorb it into every pore!

Saturdays are my family day. I also appreciate every second of that and have so much gratitude for them. My brother (Eddy) came in from Vancouver and we did a Moksha class together (our first yoga class together! Nice to share that energy.) and then we had a quick & dirty family reunion with our parents and our sister (Angelica) pigging out on Mom's sukiyaki. Got to spend the afternoon with my siblings and then did a 5 miler along the Gorge Waterway to make room for another Japanese meal - delicious Oden for dinner. Find the links for both recipes below. Nom.

I'm now sitting here semi-paralyzed, semi-procrastinating from looking at my presentation work and practice teaching notes for the morning. I won't dwell on it for too long - a good night's rest will do me better than trying to "cram" on something my body and mind just "knows" and has to do!



http://japanesefood.about.com/od/onepotdishes/r/odenrecipe.htm
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/beef/r/beefsukiyaki.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment