Wednesday 1 June 2011

Listen


I'm still letting the day sink in but overall, it was a really great day. I woke up early and saw on Facebook, from the running folks that are 3 hours ahead in Toronto, that it's National Running Day. I got up immediately, did some quick math to see if I could squeeze a tempo run in before my Yoga Teacher Training, and laced up and went. I did a five km loop of Dallas road and back up Government, which I think will be my Wednesday route from now on - lovely scenery, flat and with high running traffic. I fist pumped all the other runners out that early but was too shy to wish them a Happy National Running Day out loud.

I had some trepidations heading out for day one of the teacher training. It wasn't nerves. It wasn't insecurity. It was my heart. I wondered why I wasn't more excited... Why didn't I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, EXACTLY why I was here? I doubted that my introversion (or as it was put today by someone else today about themselves, as having an "insular" nature, which I fully understood) would not serve me and would separate me from the group's experience. But as soon as I got there, and we sat around and started the day, that doubt was gone and it just... felt. right.

I am feeling like I'm hovering above myself a little bit. Yet I feel very grounded at the same time. Perhaps I'm feeling a little too introspective to really be able to articulate it right yet but it's a good feeling. And I can't wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment