Sunday 26 June 2011

i'm just searching for moments

While I'm struggling this week with bigger things, like learning to find the confidence to believe I'm a teacher, and being happy with all of me, witnessing and sharing moments, like a tender exchange between generations, makes me get over myself and see far more interesting and beautiful things in this world.

We're in wind down phase of the teacher training right now and my mind is full, my heart is open, my stomach is churning, I've got shivers and I'm excited and terrified for the opportunities ahead. But it's not time to plan ahead yet, there's too much present to be in.

When he was born, I bet his eyes looked around the whole hospital room with a stare that said 'I've done this before'.

2 comments:

  1. Master Oogway (Kung Fu Panda, the movie) : "There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

    It's one of my favourite lines from a children's cartoon which turned one to be one of the most insightful films I've ever seen.

    Toyo, I'm so happy this adventure beckoned you. This moment is exactly where you are supposed to be.

    PS. You're already a great teacher. Further confidence, not required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara - here's a new one I like: if you have a leg in the past and another in the future, then you're pissing on the present.

    ReplyDelete