Monday 6 June 2011

Mindfulness

I've made many commitments to myself in the past few days and one is to be more present, in the moment, mindful, and aware. Here are some random observsations I've had in the last few days.

-Observing silence in the morning makes my thoughts seem very loud.
-The sights and sounds of the Inner Harbour in Victoria on a sunny summer day remind me of high-school-summer-job-desperation.
-No matter how worn in my Birks are, they'll give me blisters when I wear them for the first time the next season.
-I miss running and have running envy.
-Practicing twice daily and having an open mind and heart, I feel very alive.
-I have phantom dog cuddles in my sleep.
-I can now say I've had one of those meditation sessions that leave you feeling dazed, serene, light, tingly, and confused all at once.
-I still think farting is like, the funniest thing ever.

I have photos I could upload but I need to get to bed. A little lullaby instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment